Tuesday, June 22, 2010

iPhone

Had a self-success today - used my PonT perspective to avert a disaster ripping down the turnpike. Toby was playing games on my phone in the car and I needed to check my email for the address that we were driving to. He surrendered it willingly the first time, but... when I needed the phone again to call the person to come out to meet us, he got very freshy about my interrupting him again. He had started an irate tirade when I said, "Stop talking!" and got out of the car to talk on the phone. He started crying. I knew I had to breathe and start again. When I got back in the car, I asked him how he thought we could work this out so it was okay for both of us. Instead of giving a stern lecture about speaking respectfully, and withholding the phone. I said I couldn't remember the responsibilities of using the phone, did he? We pieced together a few of them, and I said I was pretty sure one of them was returning it when asked. He agreed. I handed the phone back to him. Show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment