Sunday, January 10, 2010

Gearing up

Tomorrow night starts the program. In anticipation, I am trying to get the house mostly in order and get all the laundry done. My biggest question is, how well can this work if The Other Parent is only semi-participating? Makes my job harder, and makes me the Enforcer. Toby broke his toe the other day, so we've been doing lots more for him than usual, and he is milking it! It's going to be a rude shock on Tuesday when all that goes away. What we have decided we will do for him this coming week is (a) set his timer so he knows when he has to go out for the bus, (b) brush his teeth in the evening, and (c) make family dinners. I am trying to plan meals that he'll particularly want to eat, so there's less pressure to make his own food without assistance. I know the mess of the house is going to be really hard for me - I will try to keep breathing and pretend my eyes are closed. A less obvious question is about how much to do for Hazel. She obviously needs food prepared, diapers changed, some help getting dressed. I'll play that by ear, and maybe ask Vicki about it during the show tomorrow night.

Good notes: Toby used the Appreciations Board for the first time this week, and had appreciations ready for everyone. We introduced Problem Solving and put up a Problem List. He hasn't written anything on it yet - he said his biggest problem is when Hazel cries at night. Can't wait to hear his solution for that!

Toby's library books are due tomorrow. I know he has no idea. He did put his school library book into his backpack, so that's great (and new). I don't know how long I can keep silent about the library books, as the fine grows. He has tons of allowance hoarded up though, so maybe he won't really care.

No comments:

Post a Comment